The course covers the preparation of the 4 sections of the test, with a strong focus on improving oral production, as this is the greatest difficulty for students.
All activities are timed according to the restraints of the test.
- Provide reading techniques and strategies, appropriate to the limited time of the test;
- Provide specific writing guidelines, with strategies required by the test;
- Improve the “note-taking” technique, as it is widely used in the test.
Test of English as a Foreign Language – Internet-based Test
TOEFL iBT – as the name says, it is an online test.
This English language proficiency test assesses all four skills; namely, reading, listening, speaking, and writing.
- The reading section, that is, text comprehension, is composed of multiple-choice questions, a fact that allows the student to already know the preliminary result at the end of this section.
- The listening section is also composed of multiple-choice questions, which allows the student to already know the preliminary result at the end of this section.
- The speaking section consists of four questions (tasks) that the student answers orally in a microphone. These responses are recorded and later evaluated by highly trained evaluators, in addition to a correction made by a software.
- The writing section is composed of two different essays: the first, in which the content of a text and a lecture must be included; the second is an essay with a theme randomly provided by the program.
The maximum score for the exam is 120 points, divided equally among the four sections, 30 points each.
The final result is known approximately 6 days after the test.